We encourage you to participate in the activities of the Group and to suggest positive opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to provide nothing but the best. We guarantee that you will find your participation both rewarding and tremendous fun.
As a registered charity, Ajax Sea Scouts is highly dependent on parents and supporters to raise the funds that are essential for the operation of the Group.
Membership subscriptions cover less than 30% of costs and consequently the balance must be found elsewhere. It is therefore a necessary condition of membership that every parent helps to raise these funds.
Currently the Group has four key annual fund raising events:
- A major Plant Sale held in May
- The Esher May Fair which is run by Ajax
- The Claygate Flower Show where, for a number of years, Ajax has retained an important catering concession
- The National Sea Scout Regatta where Ajax organises the catering.
Beyond helping with fund raising, there are several ways in which you can further support the Group:
- Join our Fund Raising Team which organises the events
- Become a Section Assistant and help at meetings
- Join our Bosun’s Party which helps maintain our building and our boats
- Let us know if you have skills or access to resources that could help the Group – for example sales, marketing, administration, transport or building related skills.